PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
This Policy sets out how the Institute for Respiratory Health collects, stores, uses and discloses personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“Principles”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
The Principles govern the use of “personal information”, which is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonable identifiable. It need not matter that the information is correct or not or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information held by the Institute for Respiratory Health about you may include;
- date of birth
- telephone numbers
- e-mail address and
- your health condition.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Institute for Respiratory Health collects personal information in a number of ways, including;
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS) or in documents such as ‘change of particulars ‘ forms;
- directly from you, via our internet site when you make a donation;
- from our Clinical Trials Unit when you register to sign up for consideration to participate in any future trial or a current ongoing trial;
- directly from you, via our internet site when you sign up to receive any of our printed or electronic mail;
- from Every Day Hero fundraising platform who you have permitted to provide your personal information to us as the nominated charity to receive your donation and
- from any related health regulatory bodies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used in order to;
- communicate to you to update you on our research and clinical trials activities;
- identify and contact individuals who are registered with us for clinical trials and other services;
- to issue a receipt upon donation to the Institute for Respiratory Health and
- to mail out printed and electronic copies of our newsletter where you have previously indicated that you would like to receive.
We may contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email or SMS.
We will not communicate with you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you would like to stop receiving any future communication from us, you can opt out at any time by contacting us.
HOW WE WITHHOLD AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Institute for Respiratory Health may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including;
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers; and/or
- in paper records.
The Institute for Respiratory Health will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you wit further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and in some circumstances we may need to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
GIVING US FEEDBACK
For any opt out or enquiries, please email email@example.com or contact us on 6457 3198.