Make lung health your reason in the HBF Run for a Reason 2020
Make lung health your reason in the HBF Run for a Reason
Help support our scientists further their research into the causes and treatments of chronic lung diseases such as asthma, chronic bronchitis & emphysema (COPD), bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, lung cancer and pneumonia.
100% of the money we raise will go directly back into supporting research.
WHY RUN / WALK FOR US
- 1 in 4 Australian’s has a lung disease.
- COPD is the 5th leading cause of death in Australia.
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in Australia.
- Cystic fibrosis is the most common life-threatening, recessive genetic condition affecting children in Australia today. The current life expectancy for someone with CF is less than 50 years.
Fundraising efforts will help our scientists, clinicians, and nurses continue their vital work. For example:
- $30 assists in processing patient samples for our tissue biobank.
- $50 will support community engagement and education for people living with respiratory disease.
- $100 pays for three hours of respiratory nursing time in our clinical trials unit.
- $200 pays for five hours of research assistant time in the laboratory.
- $500 assists the cost of laboratory research consumables such as tubes and pipettes. These are essential for all of our research projects.
You’ll breathe easier knowing you helped improve the life of the 1 in 4 Australians living with a respiratory condition.