Coronavirus daily update – 19 January
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Wednesday
- 88.65 per cent of Western Australia’s population has been vaccinated – 1,956,632 people in total.
- There are currently 109 confirmed active cases in the state. Of these, 32 are in hotel quarantine, 77 are in self-quarantine and one is in hospital but not in ICU. To date the state has had 1323 cases.
- The quarantine period still remains at 14 days, whilst with isolation when testing positive to the virus you will need to be cleared by WA Health. In the UK the quarantine period has been reduced to five full days.
- City of Perth’s Australia Day Skyworks remains on for now but unvaccinated punters have been warned to stay away. Mask wearing will be required where it’s not physically possible to socially distance. QR codes will also be scattered across the city, foreshores and Kings Park to enable those in attendance to check in.
- The City to Surf fundraising run has also been cancelled with the organisers stating the health and safety of all Western Australians comes first.