Fundamentals of Airway Clearance Techniques for physiotherapists
Program content includes
- Autogenic drainage & assisted autogenic drainage in the adult & paediatric setting
- Positive expiratory pressure (PEP) and oscillating PEP
- Combining non-invasive ventilation with ACT
- Intrapulmonary percussive ventilation
- Inhalation therapy adjunctive to and in combination with ACT
Dr Filip Van Ginderdeuren
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Brussels Hospital, Belgium. Filip has over 20 years experience in paediatric and adult CF & respiratory medicine, and is an international leader in autogenic drainage and intrapulmonary percussive ventilation.
Clin A/Prof Brenda Button
Respiratory Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Dept. of Medicine, Nursing & Allied Health, Monash University, Melbourne. Brenda has over 20 years experience in paediatric and adult CF & respiratory medicine and teaches airway clearance courses internationally.
Mr Jamie Wood
Physiotherapy and Respiratory Medicine, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Institute for Respiratory Health, Perth. Jamie has over 11 years experience in adult CF & respiratory medicine, and has completed airway clearance training in Belgium and Sweden.
All presenters are International Physiotherapy Group for Cystic Fibrosis Accredited Airway Clearance Instructors.
- This course is recommended for physiotherapists who have not completed a previous airway clearance course, or who are looking to refresh their knowledge in this area.
- This course is suitable for recently graduated physiotherapists.