L I F E Support Group: Housing and the impact of downsizing
June meeting: Housing and the impact of downsizing
The June LIFE meeting is having a representative from the Seniors Advisory Centre, to talk about things like choices of housing and the impact of downsizing.
About the Seniors Housing Advisory Centre
The Seniors Housing Advisory Centre (SHAC) is a free, independent information and advice service covering the full range of housing options for seniors in WA. The SHAC does not directly offer housing, or provide financial and legal advice, but can be an invaluable source of information for seniors and their families. There are many housing options for the over 55 age group considering their present and future housing needs.
The L I F E Group
Lung Information and Friendship for Everyone (L I F E) is a lung health support group that has been connecting people living with a chronic lung condition across Perth for over 27 years.
Run by, and for people, with chronic lung disease, their families, carers and supporters, members share their experiences and learn better ways to cope with lung conditions. It’s the perfect place to connect with other people living with lung disease, who know exactly what you’re going through.
L I F E Leaders
Please contact one of the following L I F E Leaders for more information:
The following conditions have been put in place to ensure everyone’s safety:
- All meetings are subject to change if the COVID-19 situation changes in WA.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and get well soon.
- Please bring your own mug and your own food. No shared food.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser. Use it every time you leave a bus or train and in the meeting room.
- If your mobile phone has the capacity please download, and turn on the COVID-Safe app.
- You can have a contact less temperature scan at the Perkins building entry and can sanitise your hands before entering the lift and meeting room.
- While in the meeting room please observe 1.5 metre physical distancing at all times.
- Wearing a mask is optional but encouraged, especially when on public transport where distancing is often difficult.
L I F E Meetings
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month from February through to November and start at 12 noon with an invited speaker arriving at 1:00 pm.