Take Steps Wellness and Yoga Hike
By taking steps this November, you’ll be bringing us closer to a world without lung disease – one step at a time.
Join us on a beautiful hike, where you will spend time in nature and connect with like-minded people, all of which can have a positive impact on your physical and emotional health and wellbeing. The Institute of Respiratory Health has teamed up with Off the Beaten Track WA to lead you on a 4km hike along the Bibbulmun Track through mixed Jarrah forest.
You will witness gorgeous views of Lake CY O’Connor and the Mundaring Weir. We will take a pit sop at the Perth HIlls Discovery Centre and enjoy a 30-minute yoga experience breathing in the beautiful pristine air, surrounded by stunning nature and the sounds of birds singing.
After this you can head back for lovely coffee, tea and cake at the Mundaring Weir Hotel – what a perfect way to spend your Sunday.
You’ll breathe easier knowing you helped improve the life of the 1 in 4 Australians living with a respiratory condition.
This is how you will make a difference
This is a fun-raiser, all monies will go to helping the one in four Australian’s with a lung disease, this is how your donation helps:
- $30 assists in processing patient samples for our tissue biobank.
- $50 will support community engagement and education for people living with respiratory disease.
- $100 pays for three hours of respiratory nursing time in our clinical trials unit.
- $200 pays for five hours of research assistant time in the laboratory.
- $500 assists the cost of laboratory research consumables such as tubes and pipettes. These are essential for all of our research projects.