Make lung health your reason
Make lung health your reason in the HBF Run for a Reason on Sunday 24th May
Taking part in this year’s HBF Run is a good way to fundraise for the Institute for Respiratory Health.
Whether you’re a runner, wheeler or walker you can help support our scientists further their research into the causes and treatments of chronic lung diseases such as asthma, chronic bronchitis & emphysema (COPD), bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, lung cancer and pneumonia.
100% of the money we raise will go directly back into supporting research.
Make lung health your reason in the HBF run for a reason
WHY RUN / WALK FOR US
- 1 in 4 Australian’s has a lung disease.
- COPD is the 5th leading cause of death in Australia.
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in Australia.
- Cystic fibrosis is the most common life-threatening, recessive genetic condition affecting children in Australia today. The current life expectancy for someone with CF is less than 50 years.
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
Your fundraising efforts will help our scientists, clinicians, and nurses continue their vital work. For example:
- $30 assists in processing patient samples for our tissue biobank.
- $50 will support community engagement and education for people living with respiratory disease.
- $100 pays for three hours of respiratory nursing time in our clinical trials unit.
- $200 pays for five hours of research assistant time in the laboratory.
- $500 assists the cost of laboratory research consumables such as tubes and pipettes. These are essential for all of our research projects.
Join Team Give a Breath Team Today
Visit the HBF Run for a Reason website then set up an Everyday Hero fundraising page after you register and nominate the Institute as your fundraising beneficiary.
Register for the HBF Run
- Click the link and follow the instructions
- Register as an Individual and tick I’m part of a team
- Type in Give a Breath in the team name and click search. Tick the green button to join
- Before completing the form select the Institute for Respiratory Health as your charity of choice
Set up a fundraising page
- After you have registered set up a fundraising page
- Join the Give a Breath page by signing up to Everyday Hero
- Select the Institute for Respiratory Health as your charity
You are now ready to go! Please let us know you have signed up by emailing Sarah Cermak on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!