The Lung Cancer Clinical Quality Data Platform (LUCAP)
What we do
The LUng Cancer clinical quality dAta Platform (LUCAP) is a patient-focused research group who are developing a national clinical quality data platform for lung cancer that collects, analyses and reports on information like how quickly people get lung cancer tests, what sort of tests are done and how quickly people get treatments.
LUCAP researchers can compare this information against Australian and international guidelines for best clinical care and treatments, so that they can compare standards of care between hospitals. If it looks like something is not going well in one hospital, LUCAP can help the hospital to learn what they need to do differently to improve care, or if something is going very well, LUCAP will help other hospitals learn from the success. This will support lung patients to receive the best quality of care.
The LUCAP team is made up of experts in lung cancer care, research and advocacy including: respiratory physicians, thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurses, and importantly, lung cancer patients and survivors.
LUCAP has the full support of the Institute for Respiratory Health and other peak health bodies. Find out more about their project partners here.
To discover the great work they are undertaking visit lucap-au.com.
- Christmas trees could trigger allergies & asthma attacks, experts warn
- Lung expert urges tradespeople to stay vigilant against asbestos dangers
- AIHW data reveals COPD impact on Australians – call for more research
- Wearables and AI research project could be a game changer
- 20 per cent of Australians with lung cancer have never smoked
- Raffle Winners
- Lifechanging treatment resets Cassie's life
- Perth Comedian shines spotlight on CF research
- WA respiratory Fellowship inspiring a new generation of researchers
- Inaugural Laurent research fellows announced