Pleural Procedures Workshop 2023
This established pleural course is suitable for clinicians of all grades who look after patients with pleural diseases.
- Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd September 2023
- 8 am – 5 pm
- Clinical Training & Evaluation Centre (CTEC), The University of Western Australia, Entrance No. 2 Hackett Drive, Crawley (Ground Floor)
- Professor Gary Lee, Director Pleural Services
- Dr Matthew Ing, Pleural Research Fellow
- Dr Michaela Donaghy, Pleural Fellow
- One of the longest-running pleural courses in Australia
- Small groups with hands-on experience led by world-leading pleural experts
- Many hours of practice on animal and simulation models
- Ultrasound learning with patients
- Lectures on state-of-the-art pleural care by authors of landmark pleural papers and international guidelines
- Take home materials including, Pleural Ultrasound for Clinicians e-book: the most comprehensive text on pleural ultrasound
- In-depth lectures on thoracic ultrasound, the basics and beyond
- Small group teaching from thoracic ultrasound experts
- Hands-on experience with normal thoracic ultrasound and identification of pleural pathologies
- In-depth lectures on pleural procedures
- Simulation and animal tissue models for thoracentesis/chest tube placement
- Demonstration/experience of indwelling pleural catheter placement and aftercare
- Recognition and management of complications of pleural procedures
- Experience with new drainage systems
- Trainees: $1,500
- Consultant: $2,000
- Maximum 35 registrants
Terms & Conditions
This course is being run out with CTEC terms and conditions – the following rule applies to this event:
- In the event of participant cancellation, fees will be non-refundable. However, the participant can choose to transfer the course fee to a colleague or future pleural course.
- Course content, date and faculty may be subject to change or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The event will be rescheduled in the event of a COVID outbreak. In the event of cancellation, all paid course fees will be refunded (except for $100, which will cover the costs of acquiring equipment).
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Matthew Ing at Matthew.Ing@health.wa.gov.au.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR FUTURE PLEURAL PROCEDURES WORKSHOPS
If you are unable to attend the 2023 Workshop, register your details here for future course details.