Have you had a fall? Stay on your feet with LIFE
Falls can happen to us at any age; however, changes we go through as we get older can put us more at risk of having a fall. The good news is that falls are preventable no matter your age. Stay On Your Feet is a program that provides simple tips and tools that you can use to keep you active and on your feet.
Lung Information and Friendship for Everyone (LIFE) is teaming up with Stay On Your Feet to bring you a presentation on Wednesday 1 February at 1:00pm to provide advice on how to prevent falls. The presentation will include:
- Information about why people may fall.
- Move Your Body, including building balance and strength.
- Improve Your Health, including managing your medications, nutrition and healthy eating, and keeping a healthy mind.
- Remove Hazards, including home safety and hazards in and around the home, wearing safe footwear, and checking your eyesight.
- Tips and strategies for preventing falls.
- The health professionals that can help you to prevent having a fall.
This informative event will be held at the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Institute, more information on the event can be found here – you can join the LIFE meeting which commences at noon or just come to the Stay On Your Feet presentation which will commence at 1pm.
If you’d like to attend, please get in touch with the LIFE leaders:
We look forward to seeing you there.