Leave a gift in your will
By remembering the Institute for Respiratory Health in your will, you can help us bring together world-class researchers and dedicated clinicians to drive forward ground-breaking research in the fight against lung disease.
Over 7 million Australians suffer from chronic respiratory conditions and it is the fourth and fifth greatest cause of death of men and women in this country respectively. Whether it is cystic fibrosis in the young adults of our community or older patients with lung cancer, there is an ongoing need for more assistance in dealing with these conditions. The suffering from being unable to breathe properly is vastly under-recognised.
You can help save lives for generations to come
Previous bequests have helped fund research into lung disease and disability, including tuberculosis, and their continuing impact on the community. Gifts have also assisted in raising awareness for community lung testing and research into COPD.
Your bequest gift can be used to:
- Investigate the causes of respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, asthma and pulmonary fibrosis. These diseases are considered from a wide variety of perspectives including genetics, cell biology and the extent to which environmental factors contribute to lung disease.
- Early lung cancer detection screening program
- Research into occupational lung diseases, such as silicosis and asbestos-related diseases.
- Advancing the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program.
- Conduct further research into the role indwelling pleural catheters (IPCs) can play in managing cancer and infection.
- Provide programs and scholarships for Institute for Respiratory Health scientists and students.
We also welcome the opportunity to recognise and acknowledge bequest gifts through named programs and research scholarships.
For more information please contact Sarah Cermak our Business Manager on (08) 6151 0815 or at email@example.com.